Wednesday, November 05, 2003

DVDs
Completely forgot to mention that I recently purchased The Lion King, Disney's version of Hamlet.
edited to add that I'm about to purchase Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere from Amazon (and find out if the Amazon Associates program works when I make the purchase).

Also, on Friday I went over to John, Bryan, & Becca's to watch horror movies. We flipped channels for a while, then we watched "Vincent" and "Frankenweenie," the shorts that come as part of the extras on the The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD. Then Alex came over & we watched Phantasm, a movie I had never seen before, but I remembered the tagline from 1979: "If this one doesn't scare you, you're already dead!" It was actually pretty good. The characters may not have been the brightest bunch, but they weren't horror-movie-stupid (you know, the person who goes to investigate the noise coming from the basement with a candle & no matches). And the kid who was the main character is pretty damn resourceful. Plus, there were references to Dune!

No comments: