20th Century Boys, vol. 8: Kenji's Song by Naoki Urasawa. Still blown away by this series. Can't wait for the next volume.
- Mercury by Hope Larson. Young adult comic about two young women in Nova Scotia separated by a hundred and fifty years. (Checked out of the library.)
- Dungeon Twilight, vol. 3: The New Centurions by Joann Sfar, Lewis Trondheim, Kerascoet, & Obion. Another Dungeon volume. (Library.)
The Question, vol. 6: Peacemaker by Dennis O'Neil & Denys Cowan. Wrapping up the monthly series. As I mentioned on a previous volume, this doesn't seem as innovative as it did when the comics were first published, but that's because other comics imitated it. I do hope they continue with these collections and go on to The Question Quarterly.
- Potter's Field by Mark Waid & Paul Azaceta. A mysterious man investigates the anonymous people buried in New York's Potter's Field. (Library.)
- Area 10 by Christos N. Gage & Chris Samnee. Supernatural mystery involving trepanation. (Library.)
The Stuff of Legend, bk. 1: The Dark by Mike Raicht, Brian Smith, & Charles Paul Wilson III. A puppy and a group of toys venture into the closet after their boy has been stolen by the Boogeyman. Nicely done, and I'm looking forward to the next volume (although it will be a while before it's done.)
The Bronx Kill by Peter Milligan & James Romberger. As I have mentioned before, Milligan can be hit or miss for me. This story about escaping the past (or not) was a hit. (Library.)
- Superman: New Krypton, vol. 1 by James Robinson, Geoff Johns, et al. (Library.)
And now on to movies (including the ones from last week):
- The A-Team. I never watched the show when I was a kid, and I found the movie a big, dumb, fun action movie. Teena loved the show when she was young, and she adored the movie. Not smart in the least, but entertaining.
- The Matrix Reloaded. We watched this with the RiffTrax commentary, which enhanced the movie. Although I wish they had shut up during the highway chase sequence. And during Neo's confrontation with the Architect. (The latter makes me strange, I know.)
- RiffTrax Plays with their Shorts. Another collection of educational shorts with commentary by some of the people from Mystery Science Theater 2000.