- Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett.
Great book about a robot invented late in the 19th century and its adventures until its disappearance during WWI. Presented as a history book, and full of amazing photos and illustrations, this could almost convince somebody that there was an intelligent robot over a century ago.
- JLA: The Hypothetical Woman by Gail Simone & Jorge Luis Garcia Lopez. (Checked out of the library.)
- Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol.
Very well-done young-adult comic about a high-school girl who finds herself haunted by a friendly ghost. Recommended. (Borrowed from Teena.)
- Black Jack, vol. 14 by Osamu Tezuka. Another volume of the manga about the maverick doctor. (Library.)
- Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars: The Jesse Marsh Years by Paul S. Newman & Jesse Marsh. Comics from the 50s adapting some of Burroughs's Barsoom stories.
- Essential Fantastic Four, vol. 6 by Roy Thomas, Stan Lee, John Buscema, et al. Early 70s super-heroes.
Just one movie this week:
- Stardust. Fun, not great. Apparently, Terry Gilliam was offered the opportunity to direct this but turned it down. That would have been something to see.