Saturday, June 30, 2007

Well, There Goes that Resolution

Before, when I missed updating within a week, I was only off by a day. This time it's been over a week. Hell, if it weren't for the blog rating quiz, it would have been two weeks. Anyway, I'm back.

  1. John Constantine, Hellblazer: The Devil You Know by Jamie Delano, et al. It's about time they started reprinting more of Delano's run on Hellblazer. He defined the character & made Constantine viable as the focus of an ongoing series (instead of just a mysterious guest-star).
  2. The Drifting Classroom, vol. 5 by Kazuo Umezu. More hystrionics. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Grendel Archives by Matt Wagner. I'm happy to see Wagner's first professional work reprinted, but I'd rather see collections of later storylines, particularly the last two stories from Grendel's original run at Comico.
  4. Conan and the Songs of the Dead by Joe R. Lansdale & Timothy Truman.
  5. Dragon Head, vol. 6 by Minetaro Mochizuki. (Library.)
  6. Gotham Central, vol. 5: Dead Robin by Greg Rucka, Kano, et al. I really enjoyed this series about the police that work in Gotham City, but it annoys me that this is almost certainly the final volume when there are seven issues that remain uncollected.
  7. Bleach, vol. 19: Black Moon Rising by Tite Kubo.
  8. InuYasha, vol. 28 by Rumiko Takahashi. (Library.)
  9. Usagi Yojimbo, vol. 15: Grasscutter II: Journey to Atsuta Shrine by Stan Sakai.
  10. Death Note, vol. 12: Finis by Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata. I had grown dissatisfied with this series, but I think it wrapped up nicely. I found the ending very satisfying.
  11. The Order of the Stick, vol. 1: Dungeon Crawlin' Fools by Rich Burlew. Finally managed to find a copy of the first volume to buy. One of my favorite web comics. Check it out via the link in my sidebar.
  12. New Avengers, vol. 5: Civil War by Brian Michael Bendis, et al. (Library.)
  13. Silver Star: Graphite Edition by Jack Kirby. One of the King's final complete works. (Library.)

No comments: