Sunday, December 09, 2007

Short Week

Didn't get many books read this week. Unfortunately that does not mean you'll be getting my review of LoEG: Black Dossier yet. Sorry. Too lazy.

  1. Girl Genius, Book 6: Agatha Heterodyne and the Golden Trilobite by Phil & Kaja Foglio. This came out months ago, and I honestly don't know if the delay stems from Diamond or my regular comic shop. Given that once I requested the book from a different comic shop, they got it within a week from Diamond, I suspect that the problem lies with my regular comic shop. Since the incident isn't exactly isolated, in a few months, they will NOT be my regular comic shop anymore. I will stay there long enough to buy all the graphic novels I ordered through them (assuming they show up), but when that's taken care of, I'm done.
  2. Give Our Regards to the Atomsmashers!: Writers on Comics edited by Sean Howe. Fairly interesting, but this didn't really grab me. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Megatokyo, vol. 2 by Fred Gallagher, with Rodney Caston. This was a purchase from that comic sale a few months back. Megatokyo is good, but I find it frustrating. It's so slow. Every action & motivation has to be examined & reexamined. And as the strip progresses, it gets slower & slower. It's like time is stretching out, and someday it's going to freeze completely, and no further progress will ever be made.
  4. Alan Moore's Hypothetical Lizard adapted by Antony Johnston, Sebasian Fiumara, & Lorenzo Lorente. Comic adaptation of a prose store Moore wrote for a shared world anthology.
  5. 52, vol. 4 by various. I have to say I'm impressed by the achievement of publishing a weekly comic book for a year & maintaining the quality seen here. That's not to say this is great, but it's pretty good, and the main stories were well handled.
  6. Owly, vol. 4: A Time to Be Brave by Andy Runton. Adorably cute, silent comics. (Borrowed from Teena.)

No comments: