- Knights of the Dinner Table Bundle of Trouble, vol. 12 by Jolly Blackburn, et al.
- The Marquis: Danse Macabre by Guy Davis. Set in an alternate 18th century, this is the story of a man who can sense demons. But when he hunts them down, is he doing God's work, or is he simply mad? Or is there something more sinister going on?
- Emma, vol. 2 by Kaoru Mori. Romance manga about a Victorian maid and a gentleman. (Checked out of the library.)
- Tales of the New Gods by various. Short stories by various creators, using Jack Kirby's Fourth World characters.
- Hulk Visionaries: Peter David, vol. 5 by Peter David, Dale Keown, Jeff Purves, et al. This series of reprints has finally gotten to the part of David's run on the Hulk where the art matches the writing. There's some excellent stuff here, and there's more to come in future volumes.
- Monster, vol. 12: The Rose Mansion by Naoki Urasawa. The hunt for the serial killer continues. (Library.)
- Manhunter, vol. 4: Unleashed by Marc Andreyko, Javier Pina, et al. Until this excellent series returns from hiatus, this will be the last we see of it. Which is a shame, because it's great.
- Fight for Tomorrow by Brian Wood & Denys Cowan. Emo martial arts.
- Satchel Paige: Striking Out Jim Crow by James Sturm & Rich Tommaso. This book gives the impression that it's a biography of Paige, but it's actually about the life of a sharecropper in the early half of the 20th century. It's still an excellent book.
- The Punisher Presents: Barracuda by Garth Ennis & Goran Parlov. Completely over-the-top. (Library.)
- Showcase Presents: Green Lantern, vol. 2 by Gardner Fox, John Broome, & Gil Kane. I started this quite a while back, but just finished it today. I love Kane's artwork, but there's only so much Silver Age writing I can take at once.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Late in the day update