Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Sunday

  1. Green Lantern, vol. 2: Revenge of the Green Lanterns by Geoff Johns, Carlos Pacheco, Ethan Van Scriver, & Ivan Reis. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. Phonogram: Rue Britannia by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie. This was pretty good, but I suspect I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had ever been into a music scene. I like music a lot, I've got a fairly large music collection (something over 1000 CDs), but I've never identified with a particular genre or been into clubbing. If I had, this book would have resonated more.
  3. Yotsuba & !, vol. 5 by Kiyohiko Azuma. More cuteness, including the wonder that is Cardbo the cardboard robot. (Library.)
  4. The Order, vol. 1: The Next Right Thing by Matt Fraction & Barry Kitson. Not nearly as crazy as some of Fraction's other work, but still good, solid superheroics.
  5. Little Lulu, v. 16: A Handy Kid by John Stanley & Irving Trip. Teena has been making an effort lately to build up the graphic novel part of her classroom library, and I bought this with an eye towards donating it to the cause. However, as good as these comics are, they occasionally feature aspects of childhood that were acceptable in children's entertainment 50 years ago but are no longer. Things like children sneaking puffs on a cigar or parents spanking children.
  6. Vogelein, vol. 2: Old Ghosts by Jane Irwin. (Library.)
  7. Star Wars: Legacy, vol. 2: Shards by John Ostrander, Colin Wilson, Jan Duursema, et al.
  8. Fallen Angel, vol. 4: Heroine Addiction by Peter David, J.K. Woodward, et al.
  9. Miki Falls, vol. 1: Spring by Mark Crilley. I picked this up because I really enjoyed Crilley's Akiko stories. This is an attempt to capture some of the manga market, and it is good. I liked the characterization & the art. I have some trouble with the premise of the macguffin, but it doesn't bother me enough that I won't pick up the other volumes when I can.
  10. One Piece, vol. 11: The Meanest Man in the East by Eiichiro Oda.
  11. Hikaru No Go, vol. 9: The Pro Test Begins by Yumi Hotta & Takeshi Obata.

No comments: