Sunday, August 02, 2009

Some More Books

  1. Incognegro: A Graphic Mystery by Mat Johnson & Warren Pleece. Set during the Harlem Renaissance, this graphic novel tells the story of a black reporter who can pass as white & who does so to report on lynchings in the South. Very well done. (Library.)
  2. The Goon, vol. 7: A Place of Heartache & Grief by Eric Powell. Still very silly in places, but becoming more serious. (Library.)
  3. HeroQuest: Core Rules by Robin D. Laws. My gaming group has started role-playing in Glorantha again, and so I wanted to pick up the latest version of the rules to support what I view as the best fantasy setting I've ever seen for an RPG.
  4. What If? Civil War by various. Nothing terribly good in this, but one of the stories is simply awful. The art was unsuited to "serious" superheroics, and the writing was just amateurish. (Library.)
  5. Nexus: As It Happened, vol. 1 by Mike Baron & Steve Rude. I already have the stories collected here, but I would like to see the rest of Nexus collected in an affordable format. There's no way I'm paying $50 a pop for the Archive editions.
  6. Uncanny X-Men: Lovelorn by Matt Fraction & Terry Dodson. (Library.)
  7. The Huntress: Darknight Daughter by Paul Levitz & Joe Staton. Comics about Batman's & Catwoman's daughter. (Library.)
  8. Sam & Twitch: The Brian Michael Bendis Collection, vol. 1 by Brian Michael Bendis & Angel Medina. (Library.)


No new movies this week, but I did forget something last week. (Which is ironic, because I forgot to blog about it when Teena & I first watched it.)
  • Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, The Complete Fourth Season. More debunking & offensive commentary from Penn & Teller.

No comments: