Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some More Books Read

  1. Little Lulu: The Bawlplayers and Other Stories by John Stanley & Irving Tripp. Fun comics about kids. (Borrowed from the library.)
  2. 1985 by Mark Millar & Tommy Lee Edwards. (Library.)
  3. Superman: Past and Future by various. A collection of Superman stories involving time travel. In this book, I learned that Lex Luthor has a time machine shaped like a d20.
  4. Essential Avengers, vol. 2 by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, Don Heck, and John Buscema. Can't say this grabbed me.
  5. Air, vol. 2: Flying Machine by G. Willow Wilson & M.K. Perker. Magical realism. I really enjoy this series and am looking forward to seeing where it's going.
  6. Showcase Presents: Warlord, vol. 1 by Mike Grell. Sword and sorcery in a hollow earth. Entertaining stories and some nice art.
  7. Love and Rockets: New Stories, vol. 1 by Los Bros Hernandez.
  8. Artesia Afield by Mark Smylie. I am very impressed with this series. Smylie has done a wonderful job of world-building, the art is beautiful, and the story is compelling. I had been curious about this series for a while, but until I picked up the first volume a few months back, I just wasn't sure. I am now convinced. I got volume 3 today, and I will be looking forward to volume 4, when it is published. More details about what this is about when I finish volume 3.


Just one DVD watched this week:
  • The H.P. Lovecraft Collection, vol. 2: Dreams of Cthulhu: The Rough Magik Initiative. Pilot episode for a British TV show that didn't get made. Some potential, but rather rough.

No comments: