Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Movies This Week
  1. Marvel Romance Redux: Another Kind of Love by various. Old romance stories from the 60's with the dialogue completely redone. Very funny.
  2. Batman R.I.P. by Grant Morrison & Tony S. Daniel. I liked the story, but would have preferred if the artist had been somebody who could convey the subtleties of Morrison's script.
  3. Final Crisis: Revelations by Greg Rucka & Philip Tan.
  4. Exiles: Point of No Return by Jeff Parker, Salva Espin, & Casey Jones. Fun. I enjoyed this and wish that I had bought the individual issues. If more people had, perhaps the series wouldn't have been canceled.
  5. The Invincible Iron Man, vol. 3: World's Most Wanted, book 2 by Matt Fraction & Salvador Larroca. (Checked out of the library.)
  6. Essential X-Men, vol. 5 by Chris Claremont & John Romita, Jr. Nostalgia for the comics of my youth. Still entertaining, although I am much more aware of Claremont's writing tics than I was then.
  7. MPD Psycho, vol. 9 by Eiji Otsuka & Sho-U Tajima. Aspects of this manga remind me of Dollhouse, but this is much more violent & messed-up. (Library.)
  8. X-Factor, vol. 7: Time and a Half by Peter David, Valentine DeLandro, & Marco Santucci. Don't much care for the art, but I like the writing.
  9. Cromartie High School, vol. 9 by Eiji Nonaka. More absurdity.
  10. Fallen Angel: Reborn by Peter David & J.K. Woodward. I really thought the previous Fallen Angel volume would be the last, but it wasn't. However, this is more of an Illyria (from the Angel TV show) story guest-starring characters from Fallen Angel.


No movies this week, since we've been watching the Olympics, but I did finally finish Final Fantasy XII, and I take some satisfaction in that.

No comments: