Sunday, May 13, 2012

No Books, Just Movies

Not that I haven't finished any books this week, but I've been putting off movies for over a month.
  • Green LanternNot very good. I really do not understand the decision to open with narration over CGI stuff in space. Why not start with Hal Jordan, somebody the audience can relate to (even if he is a jerk)? He's going to have to learn the stuff that is covered in the opening sequence, so why not have the audience learn at the same time?
  • RiffTrax: Galaxy Invader. A bad low-budget science fiction movie with a joke-filled commentary track. Lots of fun (the commentary, not the movie, which was pretty dire).
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Castle of Fu Manchu Teena & I watch enough MST3K movies that you know what this is.
  • I, ClaudiusObtained through Netflix. This holds up amazingly well. Great stuff.
  • Cowboy Bebop: The Movie [Special Edition]I used to watch a fair amount of anime. This was one of the best shows I watched, and the movie matches that quality. Good actors for the English dub, too.
  • The Cabin in the WoodsReally enjoyed this. Ultimate statement in slasher movies.
  • Captain America: The First AvengerPreposterous as all get out, but loads of fun. This is how you do a super-hero movie.
  • Doctor Who: KindaOne of my favorite Peter Davison stories. Will be getting the sequel story, Snakedance in the near future.
  • AmelieWonderful movie. Love the soundtrack too.

No comments: