Saturday, April 02, 2005

Well, two weeks ago I didn't have many books to write about. Last weekend I didn't have computer access. This week I don't have a lot of time to update, but I'll try to get this updated as much as I can.

Books
  1. The Punisher, vol. 2 by Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon, & Darick Robertson. Ennis is probably the best writer for this character. He understands the absurdity of the premise & fills the comic with black, black humor.
  2. One Piece, vol. 6: The Oath by Eiichro Oda. The latest volume of silly pirate manga.
  3. Scurvy Dogs: Rags to Riches by Andrew Boyd & Ryan Yount. More pirate silliness. Thanks for recommending this, Doug. I really enjoyed it.
  4. Liber Reliquarum: The Book of Relics by various. This is a source book for the In Nomine role-playing game. I'll be running an IN adventure in a few weeks, and I'm finally getting around to reading the books I've had for a while.
  5. Swamp Thing: Bad Seed by Andy Diggle & Enrique Breccia. I was very skeptical about this at first: Who could follow Alan Moore's run? (Well, Rick Veitch, but still.) But it eventually won me over. Not enough for me to buy this or subsequent volumes, but I did end up enjoying it. (Checked out of the library.)


Okay, I'm not even close to caught up, but we're going to go see Sin City and we're leaving shortly, so I have to get off the computer. More later.

No comments: