I feel I should mention that part of the reason my entries have been pretty sparse lately is that I've been spending a lot of time playing Super Mario Galaxy. (Of course, the main reason is that I'm lazy.)
- Glister, #3: Glister and the Faerie Host by Andi Watson. Cute fantasy stuff.
- Munden's Bar by various. A collection of back-up stories from GrimJack. There's some twisted stuff here. Twisted, but good.
The Beginning of 2008
- The Mammoth Book of Best New Manga 2 edited by Ilya. Or, to give it a somewhat more accurate title, The Mammoth Book of Best New International, Manga-Influenced Comics. There's some pretty good stuff here, but nothing all that special. (Checked out of the library.)
- Action Philosophers! Giant-Sized Thing, vol. 3 by Fred Van Lente & Ryan Dunlavey. More philosophy explained in understandable terms & funny drawings.
- The Hood: Blood from Stones by Brian K. Vaughan & Kyle Hotz. Relatively early work from Vaughan about a small-time thug who stumbles across some magic clothes & how he tries use them to move up in the world.
- Wyrd: The Reluctant Warrior by Jim Starlin. Not bad.
- Blue Bettle: Road Trip by John Rogers, Keith Giffen, Cully Hamner, & Rafael Albuquerque. I really enjoy this comic. It's lots of fun. I guess I should be buying the individual issues rather than just picking up the collections, but money is limited.
- Queen Bee by Chynna Clugston.
One of these days I should write about the games I've been playing. And I'm way behind on listing movies I've seen. Plus there's the trip to Disneyland. And I'm still intending to put down my thoughts on the latest League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book. And I want to explain why I think the writers of Lost grew up reading Legion of Super-Heroes comics.