Sunday, April 13, 2008

Books, books, books

  1. The King by Rich Koslowski. When I checked this out of the library a couple of years ago, I was impressed, so I bought a copy.
  2. Phoenix, vol. 11: Sun, pt. 2 by Osamu Tezuka. The wrap-up to the final Phoenix story Tezuka finished before his death. Excellent.
  3. Phoenix, vol. 12: Early Works by Osamu Tezuka. The final volume in the series.
  4. Bob the Angry Flower: Dog Killer by Stephen Notley. Collection of comic strips. (Checked out of the library.)
  5. The Punisher, vol. 8: Widowmaker by Garth Ennis & Lan Medina. (Library.)
  6. Cromartie High School, vol. 4 by Eiji Nonaka. So very strange, but I like it. (Library.)
  7. DMZ, vol. 4: Friendly Fire by Brian Wood, Riccardo Burchielli, & Nathan Fox. This series continues to impress.
  8. The Drifting Classroom, vol. 10 by Kazuo Umezu. After all the awful, horrible things that have happened to these kids, I'm surprised any are left alive. (Library.)
  9. ClanDestine Classic by Alan Davis. Davis's writing is fine, but nothing to get excited over. His art, on the other hand, really works for me.
  10. Dungeon Parade, vol. 2: Day of the Toads by Joann Sfar, Lewis Trondheim, & Manu Larcenet. I really enjoy these fantasy stories, but each volume is a little too pricey for the content. If they were cheaper, I'd probably buy them. (Library.)
  11. Sandman Mystery Theatre, vol. 6: The Hourman & The Python by Matt Wagner, Steven T. Seagle, Guy Davis, & Warren Pleece. I wish Vertigo would put out more collections of their early publications.
  12. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang. Another library discovery that impressed me enough to buy my own copy. Excellent story about the experience of Chinese-Americans.
  13. Kissing Chaos, vol. 1 by Arthur Dela Cruz.
  14. X-Men: First Class: Tomorrow's Brightest by Jeff Parker & Roger Cruz. Very cool stories set in the early days of the X-Men, long before the days of overly-complicated back-stories & Rob Liefeld.
  15. Yarns and Shanties (and Other Nautical Baloney) by Jim Toomey. Comic strips. (Borrowed from Teena.)

No comments: