Sunday, February 08, 2009

More Books, A Couple Movies
  1. MPD Psycho, vol. 5 by Sho-u Tajima & Eiji Otsuka. More hints about the shadowy organization that seems to be behind the barcode killers. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. Battlestar Galactica: Sagittarius Is Bleeding by Peter David. As I believe I've mentioned with Star Trek novels, I don't normally buy tv show tie-in books, but I make an exception for Peter David. Pretty good, but I find myself annoyed by a joke late in the book in which Adama says "It's a shame she won't live. But then again, who does?"
  3. Hunter's Moon by James L. White, Dalibor Talajic & Sebastian Cardoso. Like many books from this publisher (Boom! Studios), this graphic novel appears to be a pitch for an action movie. (Library.)
  4. World War Hulk by Greg Pak & John Romita Jr. Big, loud, comics. (Library.)
  5. Rosario + Vampire, vol. 2: Witches by Akihisa Ikeda. I like the concept of a human stuck at a high school for monsters, but there's a bit too much fan service here for my taste. (Library.)
  6. The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling. More stuff from the world of Harry Potter, and for a good cause. (Borrowed from Teena.)
  7. The All New Atom: Future/Past by Gail Simone, Mike Norton, & Eddy Barrows. I'm quite enjoying this (even if I'm getting the volumes out of sequence). (Library.)
  8. Daredevil: Cruel and Unusual by Ed Brubaker, Greg Rucka, & Michael Lark. I enjoyed this more than the past two volumes, probably because it isn't about destroying the main character's life. (Library.)
  9. Rex Mundi, book 5: The Valley at the End of the World by Arvid Nelson & Juan Ferreyra. Conspiracy, Merovingians, magic, and an alternate history. Very good. (Library.)
  10. Grendel: Devil Child by Diana Shutz & Tim Sale. Disturbing.
  11. Chronicles of Wormwood: The Last Enemy by Garth Ennis & Rob Steen. Over the top, as is not unusual for Ennis.
  12. Wolverine: First Class: To Russia, With Love by Fred Van Lente, et al. A Wolverine comic I enjoy. That's pretty unusual. Fortunately, it doesn't take itself too seriously.
  13. The Flash: Emergency Stop by Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, & Paul Ryan. Quite enjoyable.


Two movies this week.

No comments: