Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Independence Day!
  1. Booster Gold vol. 4: Day of Death by Dan Jurgens, et al. (Checked out of the library.)

  2. I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly & JM Ken Niimura. Wow, just wow. What an amazing book. I picked this up because it was recommended by a podcast I listen to (Awesomed By Comics), and I am really glad I did. Any kind of summary I attempt would not due justice to this story. Just let me say this is the best book I've read all year. I cannot recommend this book enough.
  3. Wolverine First Class: Class Actions by Peter David, Dennis Calero, et al. (Library.)

  4. Death Masks by Jim Butcher. Still really enjoying the Dresden Files novels. (Borrowed from Michael.)


And a couple of movies:
  • Doctor Who: Image of the Fendahl. I had fond memories of this story. I recall it as one of my favorites, and I am glad to say that it still holds up today. Very atmospheric & creepy.
  • The Secret of Kells. Neither Teena nor I had heard of this movie before we watched the Oscars & saw that it was nominated for best animated film. We thought it looked interesting, so when it came to the Hollywood Theatre, we decided we had to check it out. And we are very glad we did. Gorgeous, stylized animation about the origins of the Book of Kells. Just beautiful.
  • Daria: The Complete Animated Series. I had seen some of this show when it first aired, but there was quite a bit I had never seen before we got the DVDs. Great series.

No comments: