Zorro, vol. 2: Clashing Blades by Matt Wagner & Cezar Razek. And with this title, I have read at least one book beginning with each letter of the alphabet this year.
- Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life: Vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I decided to re-read the first five volumes to remind myself of the story.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, vol. 2 by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
- Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness, vol. 3 by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together, vol. 4 by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe, vol. 5 by Bryan Lee O'Malley. This series is a blast, and I'm really looking forward to volume six (although not enough to go to a midnight sale to get it).
- Dead Beat by Jim Butcher. I'm enjoying these books more and more as they go along. (Borrowed from Michael.)
- The Incredible Hercules: The Mighty Thorcules by Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, Reilly Brown, & Rodney Buchemi. In this volume, Hercules has to disguise himself as Thor. (Checked out of the library.)
Showcase Presents Enemy Ace by Robert Kanigher, Joe Kubert, et al. The stories in the first third of this book are pretty repetitive. But after that, they really start taking off. The contrast between Kanigher's superhero comics (completely insane) and his war comics (really well done) is amazing.
- Detroit Metal City, vol. 5 by Kiminori Wakasugi. (Library.)
Weathercraft: A Frank Comic by Jim Woodring. Woodring's comics are always dreamlike (and often nightmarish), especially the Frank comics, which are wordless. Fantastic stuff. (Library.)
And a few movies:
- Dexter: The Complete Second Season. I found this just as excellent as the first season.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: Crash of the Moons.
- Cinematic Titanic Live: Danger on Tiki Island. Within the movie, the characters call the island "Blood Island". It seems to me that would have made just as good a title.
- Adam's Rib. Hepburn & Tracy. One of the screenwriters was Ruth Gordon. Yes, THAT Ruth Gordon.