Monday, August 01, 2011

I'm Back

Here is the promised post.
  1. Marvel Adventures Spider-Man & the Avengers by Paul Tobin, et al. More great all-ages comics.
  2. S.H.I.E.L.D.: Architects of Forever by Jonathan Hickman & Dustin Weaver. A secret history of the Marvel Universe. Revealing that S.H.I.E.L.D., the super-spy organization has been defending Earth for centuries. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four: Doomed If You Don't by Paul Tobin & David Hahn.
  4. War of Kings: Road to War of Kings by Christover Yost, Dustin Weaver, et al. Preliminaries to Marvel's cosmic cross-over. (Library.)
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 4: Realm of Kings by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Brad Walker, & Wesley Craig. The more Abnett & Lanning I read, the more I enjoy their work. (Library.)
  6. Legion Lost by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Olivier Copiel, & Pascal Alixe. Collection of a series that came out at a time when I wasn't reading Legion of Super-Heroes comics. So I knew almost nothing about this. It's very good. (Library.)
  7. Richard Stark's Parker, Book 2: The Outfit adapted by Darwyn Cooke.

    I enjoyed the first book, but this one blew me away, especially the section in the middle of the book where a bunch of heists are described, each in a different art style. I'm definitely on board for the next book.
  8. Citizen Rex by Mario & Gilbert Hernandez. Science fiction weirdness. (Library.)
  9. The Nobody by Jeff Lemire.

    The Invisible Man set in small-town America. (Library.)
  10. Batman: The Bat and the Beast by Peter Milligan and Andy Clarke. Milligan can be hit or miss for me, especially when writing corporate characters. Fortunately, this is one of the hits. Batman in Moscow.
No movies since last time, but Teena and I did go to
  • Trek in the Park: Mirror, Mirror on Saturday. This is getting more & more popular. We were there 2 hours early, but we still ended up having to sit behind the "stage." Fortunately, we were still able to see most of the action. Also, while we were in the sun when we arrived, the shadows moved over us by the time the show started. Lots of fun. Looking forward to the show next year (even if we have to show up 3 or 4 hours early).

No comments: