Sunday, February 05, 2012

Puppy Bowl Sunday

  1. The Art of Doug Sneyd.
  2. Infinity Gauntlet by Jim Starlin, George Perez & Ron Lim. Big super-hero cross-over. Lots of bombast and action. It's all nonsense, but pretty entertaining. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Incorruptible, vol. 4 by Mark Waid & Marcio Takara. I recently learned that this series and its companion: Irredeemable will be ending soon. As much as I enjoy them, this is a good thing, because I cannot see them continuing indefinitely. They should conclude, and they will. (Library.)
  4. Excalibur Visionaries: Warren Ellis, vol 2 by Warren Ellis, Casey Jones, Carlos Pacheco, et al. Good stories, but I really didn't care for the art.
  5. Irredeemable, vol. 7 by Mark Waid, Peter Krause & Diego Barreto. (Library.)
  6. The Green Hornet, Year One, vol 1: The Sting of Justice by Matt Wagner & Aaron Campbell. I have to admit, this feel a lot like Sandman Mystery Theatre, another period piece about a masked mystery man. Not that I'm complaining. (Library.)
  7. Shaky Kane's Monster Truck

    I don't even know how to describe this. 50 pages that connect to make one enormous picture. Pop culture ephemera of days gone by. Just plain weirdness. It's great.
  8. Mystic: The Tenth Apprentice by G. Willow Wilson & David Lopez.

    Great young adult fantasy. I would love to see the story continue, but I haven't seen any indication that Marvel's revival of CrossGen titles did well enough that they'll do more. Which is a damn shame.
  9. Polly and the Pirates, vol. 2: Mystery of the Dragonfish by Ted Naifeh & Robbi Rodriguez. I liked the story, but the art often did not do a good job of conveying what was going on. Also, since it has been six years since volume one came out, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred to have a bit of a re-introduction to the characters and situations.
  10. Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, pt. 1 by Gene Luen Yang & Gurihiru.

    This captures the feel of the cartoon series. It's wonderful. If you love the cartoon (and you should), check this out.
  11. Secret Six: The Darkest House by Gail Simone, J. Calafiore, et al.

    Final volume of Gail Simone's twisted series about a group of super-villains for hire. I'll miss it.

Only one movie this week, and I want to go watch the Puppy Bowl, so I'll put it off until next week.

No comments: