Update on that interview I had: I still haven't heard back about that, even though I was told that they hoped to make a decision by the end of last week. And I've noticed that they're still advertising the position. I'm interpreting that to mean that they don't really want me but don't want to cut me loose just in case nobody better applies. Not exactly fodder for my ego, but I'm not in a position to stand on a point of pride right now.
So now I'm reluctant to email the woman who interviewed me because I suspect that if I do, she'll tell me, "No." And I don't want to give up on that last shred of hope.