Saturday, February 26, 2005

More books finished in the last week.
  1. Nodwick Adventure Log, vol. 1 by Aaron Williams. This book reprints a bunch of Nodwick adventures first published in "Dragon" magazine. Fun parodies of classic D&D modules (not that I've ever played any of them).
  2. Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid & Lenil Francis Yu. I didn't realize this at first, but this is basically Ultimate Superman, since it's a retelling of the early days in Superman's career as if they were happening now. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, vol. 3 by Brian Michael Bendis et al. For some reason, three issues of the comic book did not get reprinted in any of these three volumes. If it turns out that they are available in the out-of-print hardback edition, I am going to be very annoyed.
  4. The Collected Works of Tony Millionaire's Sock Monkey. (Library.)
  5. Ultimate Fantastic Four, vol. 2: Doom by Warren Ellis & Stuart Immonen. The first volume of this didn't really grab me, but I really enjoyed this story. Ellis creates an interesting version of Doctor Doom for the Ultimate universe. (While looking up the ISBN for this, I was annoyed to learn that there will be a hardcover edition that will reprint the first 12 issues of Ultimate Fantastic Four. I really wish Marvel would make it clear which titles will get hardcover editions. I much prefer them to the paperbacks, but I'm not going to buy a new collection just because it's printed at a larger size & has a few extras.)
  6. The Originals by Dave Gibbons. While I read this, I felt I should have been listening to Quadrophenia. It's the story of a Mod. Gibbons uses a science fiction setting, but he might as well have simply set it in 60's England. He does an excellent job telling the story, and I might like to own this, but it's just too expensive as it is. Perhaps when the paperback edition comes out. (Library.)
  7. Scooter Girl by Chyna Clugston-Major. (Library.)
  8. She-Hulk: Single Green Female by Dan Slott, Juan Bobillo, & Paul Pelletier. (Library.)
  9. Doctor Cyborg, vol. 1: Outpatient by Allan Gross, Mike Oeming, et al. (Library.)
  10. Fred the Clown by Roger Langridge. (Library.)

No comments: