Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday update

  1. Dork Decade by John Kovalic. A collection of gaming strips.
  2. InuYasha, vol. 24 by Rumiko Takahashi. I decided it was time to start reading these again. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Monster, vol. 3: 511 Kinderheim by Naoki Urasawa. I'm quite enjoying this series. Very suspenseful. (Library.)
  4. Death Note, vol. 10: Deletion by Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata. The plots & machinations of the characters in this series are getting pretty abstract, and I'm finding them less intriguing, but I'm still interested enough to see this series through to the end. Three volumes to go.
  5. Captain America & the Falcon: Nomad by Steve Englehart, Sal Buscema, Frank Robbins, et al. More 70's reprints. This volume follows immediately after the one I read a few weeks back. (Library.)
  6. The Comic Book Holocaust by Johnny Ryan. Offensive, vile cartoons.
  7. Ranma 1/2, vol. 30 by Rumiko Takahashi. Silly martial arts romance. (Library.)
  8. Ranma 1/2, vol. 31 by Rumiko Takahashi. (Library.)
  9. The Left Bank Gang by Jason. (Library.)
  10. Channel Zero by Brian Wood. Reading this book about a totalitarian, fascistic America, it's amazing to think it was written before the passage of the Patriot Act. (Library.)
  11. InuYasha, vol. 25 by Rumiko Takahashi. I think my problem with this series (other than the premise being dragged on too long) is that somewhere along the way, the humor got dropped. There's still the occasional joke, but I remember the earlier volumes being funnier. (Library.)

I'll try to update movies tomorrow. There's not much to say, though.

No comments: