Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wii're Here!
Thanks to Alex, we are now the proud owners of a Wii! It's been nearly 6 months since they were released, and they're still hard to come by. It was getting to the point that I was beginning to think the whole thing was a cruel hoax and that they didn't actually exist. Thank you so much, Alex.

We set it up this afternoon and played around a bit with Wii Sports, which looks like fun. But it didn't take long before we put in the game that I really wanted to play (and have ever since I first heard about it, 2 years ago): The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess. I haven't gotten very far yet, but it looks gorgeous, and it's got all the traditional Zelda touches. I can't wait to explore this version of Hyrule.

5 comments:

gl. said...

alex gave you a wii?

Philip said...

I should have clarified that. He saw one in the store and bought it. We paid him back for it (and gave hime some chocolate for his trouble).

I had never seen a Wii in a store, and the only time Teena did was when she spotted another person buying the last one the store had.

Anonymous said...

I'm very grateful to Alex. First I was calling stores a fews days a week, then I was stopping by stores after work a few days a week, then once a week, then I finally gave up and hated to even "check" when we happened to be in a store for something else because I hated the disappointment. Thank you, Alex!

(I just created a Mii. Fun!)

~Teena

xire said...

happy to share the wii love. i forgot to show Philip my wii controller keychain.

btw, did you finish psychonauts?

Anonymous said...

Psychonauts was so much fun, except near the end when it drove me absolutely insane. I nearly gave up so many times. I did finish it, but luck played a large part in that.

~Teena