Sunday, June 22, 2008

Light Week

  1. 100 Bullets, vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call by Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. 100 Bullets, vol. 2: Split Second Chance by Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso. (Library.)
  3. 100 Bullets, vol. 3: Hang Up on the Hang Low by Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso. The first time I tried to read this series, I ended up getting it from the library out of sequence, so it didn't make a lot of sense (even though each story is largely self-contained, there is an ongoing story arc that builds). This time I'm making sure to read everything in order. I like it, but I'm having some difficulty reconciling the noir-ish, gritty individual stories with Agent Graves seeming omniscience and the conspiracy-theory type plot that appears to be building in the background. (Library.)
  4. Hellspark by Janet Kagan. Teena recommended this to me quite a while ago. It's her favorite book. I kept putting off reading it. No particular reason. Well, I might have been worried that I wouldn't like it. But the was no cause for concern. I will never love it as much as Teena does, but I really enjoyed this novel about different cultures and trying to establish communication with a species that may or may not be sentient. (Borrowed from Teena.)

No comments: