- Avengers and Power Pack: Assemble! by Marc Sumerak & Gurihiru. Another book purchased to read and then pass on to Teena's classroom.
- Cairo: A Graphic Novel by G. Willow Wilson & M.K. Perker. I found myself really enjoying this urban fantasy story set in contemporary Cairo. I think I may pick up the paperback edition when it is published. (Checked out of the library.)
- The Living and the Dead by Jason. A love and zombies story. (Library.)
- X Isle by Andrew Cosby, Michael Alan Nelson, & Greg Scott. A sci-fi action thriller of a movie done as a comic book.
- Flight Explorer, vol. 1 by various. Teena picked up this kid-oriented anthology for her classroom & then decided she liked it enough to get a copy for herself. (Borrowed from Teena.)
- What It Is by Lynda Barry. Barry's exploration of creativity and the ways that it changes as we grow up.
- What Were They Thinking?! by various. Old comic book stories with re-written dialog. Silly stuff.
- Betsy and Me by Jack Cole. Cole's comic strip. (Library.)
- Planetary Brigade by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, et al. Silly superheroes.
- Fox Bunny Funny by Andy Hartzell. Silent comic that uses foxes & rabbits as metaphors for weightier subjects. (Library.)
- The New Avengers: Illuminati by Brian Michael Bendis, Brian, Reed, & Jim Cheung. Some neat ideas, but I'm not sure about the execution. Also, Bendis only seems able to write in one voice, and that voice doesn't always suit the speaker (see the recent controversy about his version of Doctor Doom).
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Lots of Borrowed Books This Week