- Showcase Presents Booster Gold by Dan Jurgens. I'd love to see more cheap reprints of 80s comics from DC. This is pretty good, but I have to say that the depiction of a mercenary super hero seems pretty tame compared to later works in the same vein, such as Milligan & Allred's X-Force.
- The Drifting Classroom, v.11 by Kazuo Umezu. The final volume of this series. The ending is just as weird & messed up as the rest of the series. (Checked out of the library.)
- The Thing: Idol of Millions by Dan Slott, Andrea Divito, & Kieron Dwyer. (Library.)
- Hikaru no Go, vol. 11: A Fierce Battle by Yumi Hotta & Takeshi Obata. I've said this before, but I never thought I'd enjoy a comic series about a board game.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus vol. 2 by various.
- Heartburst and Other Pleasures by Rick Veitch. It's nice that Veitch is putting his early works back into print.
- Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost in the World by James Kochalka. Adorably sweet story aimed at kids. (Borrowed from Teena's classroom.)
- Checkmate: Fall of the Wall by Greg Rucka, et al. Espionage & superheroes.
- Hulk Visionaries: John Byrne. Gee, I wonder if the reason Marvel decided to release this has anything to do with an upcoming movie.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Two Posts in Two Days!