Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Unlike most three-day weekends, I am going to update on Sunday, rather than putting it off until Monday.

  1. Beg the Question by Bob Fingerman. Semi-autobiographical comics. This didn't click with me as much as it did the first time I read it.
  2. Little Nothings: The Curse of the Umbrella by Lewis Trondheim. Slices of Trondheim's life. Quite amusing. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Jhegaala by Steven Brust. The latest of Brust's Vlad Taltos novels. This one recounts what happened to Vlad when he went east for a while. Good, as always. (Borrowed from Teena.)
  4. Uncanny X-Men: The Extremists by Ed Brubaker & Salvador Larroca. (Checked out of the library.)
  5. Batman: Death & the City by Paul Dini, Don Kramer, et al. (Library.)
  6. Nat Turner by Kyle Baker. Baker's account of the slave 1831 slave revolt that Turner led is nearly silent, but gripping, nonetheless.
  7. The Middleman, vol. 1: The Trade Paperback Imperative by Javier Grillo-Marxuach & Les McClaine. I've been enjoying the Middleman TV series (even if I did come to it fairly late), so I thought I'd check out the comics. I was not disappointed. Just as silly & action-packed as on TV. (Library.)


Well, if I don't get too lazy tomorrow, I may post about movies & videogames.

No comments: