Sunday, September 21, 2008

80 Posts a Year

  1. Conrad's Fate by Diana Wynne Jones. Jones writes some great young adult books.
  2. Tag by Keith Giffen, Kody Chamberlain, Chee, & Andy Kuhn. Not your typical zombie story. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. The Middleman, vol. 2: The Second Volume Inevitability by Javier Grillo-Marxuach & Les McClaine. More silliness. (Library.)
  4. The Umbrella Academy, vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way & Gabriel Ba. I'd heard good things about this online, but I was disappointed. It's not bad, but it doesn't live up to the hype. The story is somewhat muddled, most often, I think, by the writer assuming we have the same information he does even though that info doesn't appear on the page. Fantastic art, though. (Library.)
  5. She-Hulk, vol. 6: Jaded by Peter David & Shawn Moll. I may need to pick up further volumes of this. It's pretty good. (Library.)
  6. Hero Squared, vol. 2: Another Fine Mess by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, & Joe Abraham. Fun superhero comic. (Library.)
  7. Astro City: The Dark Age, 1: Brothers and Other Strangers by Kurt Busiek & Brent Anderson. The latest volume in a fantastic series. I can't wait for the second half of the story to begin.
  8. The Final Solution: A Story of Detection by Michael Chabon. Chabon's Sherlock Holmes novel.
  9. The Eternals, vol. 1 by Jack Kirby. I am very happy that more & more of Kirby's work is being collected. This is great stuff, possibly Kirby's last great work.
  10. Runaways: Dead End Kids by Joss Whedon & Michael Ryan. I'm not sure Whedon quite got the characters' voices down, but still enjoyable.


By the way, the 23rd will mark the 5 year anniversary of this blog, and this is my 400th post. Not exactly burning up the internet with my posting, but I'm still at it after 5 years, which is something. Now to go take a look at templates to see if there's something that catches my eye.

Edited to add: Crap. I intended to revamp my sidebar, but because I was too hasty in changing my template, I'm going to end up having to recreate the entire thing. Whee!

Well, I'm not going to do it at the moment. Look for the sidebar to return in the near future.

1 comment:

gl. said...

congrats on your blogtastic achievements, philip!