Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cabin Fever

Thanks to the snow and ice (and a cold that finally seems to be subsiding), I only went to work one day last week. (And the way things are going, I don't know that I'll be going to work tomorrow. If that's the case, I'll do another movie post.) But despite that, I didn't finish all that many books this week.

  1. Monster, vol. 17: I'm Back by Naoki Urasawa. Things are coming to a head, with twists & revelations. One volume to go. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. Mail, vol. 1 by Housui Yamazuki. Manga about a guy who exorcises ghosts with a special gun. (Library.)
  3. The Question, vol. 3: Epitaph for a Hero by Dennis O'Neil & Denys Cowan. This comic gets very meta in the issue where The Question reads Watchmen, which contains a character (Rorschach) who is based on the original version of The Question.
  4. Dungeon Monstres, vol. 2: The Dark Lord by Joann Sfarr, Lewis Trondheim, Andreas, & Stephane Blanquet. Another Dungeon volume. I don't know how fast the originals are coming out in France, but if the translations are a ways behind, I wish they'd step up the production schedule. (Library.)
  5. Black Jack, vol. 2 by Osamu Tezuka. In Japan, this is Tezuka's most popular manga for adults, and I can see why. (Although I personally think Buddha is better.)
  6. The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation by Sid Jacobson & Ernie Colon. There is a lot of important information in this book. Unfortunately what I took away from the book is that somebody involved does not know how to lay out comic pages so that they read easily. Far too many times I found myself puzzling over which caption to read next. The eye should flow easily from one panel to the next, with out having to stop & consider which caption is next. Poorly done comics.

No comments: