Sunday, April 03, 2011

Movie Catch-Up

Update: I have fixed the links to a couple of the movies.

Too many books read in the past 4 weeks to do all at once. Plus I have a bit of a headache, so I'm going to keep this short & just do the movies I've seen since my last real update.

  • Finding NemoI've said this before, and I'll say it again, Pixar casts their movies exactly right. "Just keep swimming."
  • Doctor Who: RobotTom Baker's first story as the Doctor. Eccentric from the very beginning.
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Magic Voyage of SinbadA Russo-Finnish version of an Arabian story. Bizarre stuff. In one scene a guy fights a bear that switches (seemingly at random) between a guy in a bear costume and an actual bear.
  • MST3K: Master Ninja 1The first 2 episodes of a short-lived tv-series starring Lee Van Cleef & Timothy Van Patton edited together to make a "movie". Only the commentary makes it bearable.
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete First SeasonI didn't cable in the 80s, so I had never seen this show until we got NetFlix Watch Instantly. I love it. It's one of the best children's shows I've ever seen. Looking forward to future seasons.
  • RiffTrax: Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. I have no idea what prompted anybody to make this movie. It consists of an atrocious version of "Thumbelina" padded out to 90 some minutes by adding a framing sequence of Santa Claus being stuck in Florida and telling a story to the children to attempt to help him. And at the end, a rabbit driving an old firetruck shows up to save the day. This movie makes no sense whatsoever. I think I lost sanity by watching it.
  • Doctor Who: Carnival of MonstersThis Jon Pertwee story is quite fun, if rather disjointed.
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000: Master Ninja 2The next two episodes.
I finally remembered to at the Saint Clair Gamers Actual Play to my sidebar. The latest session is our first In Nomine session and the first game I have run in a couple years.

That's it for now. I have the week off, so I will update books later in the week.

No comments: