Monday, December 22, 2003

Not too much to add since the last time I updated.

Books
  • Days Like This by J. Torres & Scott Chandler.
  • Black Jack: Two-Fisted Surgeon by Osamu Tezuka.
  • Powers, v.5: Anarchy by Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Avon Oeming.
  • Kyle Baker Cartoonist by (surprise, surprise) Kyle Baker. (No Amazon listing.) I prefer Baker's longer works, particularly The Cowboy Wally Story and Why I Hate Saturn, but this is still pretty damn good.
  • Leave it to Chance, v.3: Monster Madness by James Robinson & Paul Smith. A great all-ages comic that will sound pretty silly if I try to summarize it. Just check it (or the earlier two volumes) out.
  • GURPS Faerie, a role playing book I started months ago. It's beein sitting in a stack of other books for a while.
  • And I began Osamuk Tezuka's Buddha, v.2: The Four Encounters. This is an amazing work. I don't think I realized just how strong a creator Tezuka was until I read these books. I had been reading various Astro Boy collections, and they're good, but the stories are pretty repetitive. The Buddha books are much better. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this series.

Okay, that was more than I expected.

Movies
The only thing I've watched since Wednesday has been Standing in the Shadow of Motown, a documentary about the Funk Brothers, Motown's house band during its heyday.

No comments: