Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nothing But Library Books

As Teena and I get ready to move (at the end of September), we have packed up quite a bit, including most of my unread books. Therefore I will be reading a lot of library books in the next month & a half.
  1. The Authority: The Lost Year, bk. 1 by Grant Morrison, Keith Giffen, et al. Superheroes. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. X-Men: Nation X by Matt Fraction, Greg Land, Terry Dodson, et al. More superheroes. (Library.)

  3. Wonderland by Tommy Kovaks & Sonny Liew. Not an adaptation of the book, but the story of Mary Ann, the White Rabbit's housemaid. (Library.)
  4. Booster Gold, vol. 3: Reality Lost by Dan Jurgens & Chuck Dixon. Still more superheroes. (Library.)
  5. Other Lives by Peter Bagge. Graphic novel about how people present different faces to the world. (Library.)
  6. Filthy Rich by Brian Azzarello & Victor Santos. Noir. (Library.)

  7. Atomic Robo, vol. 2: Atomic Robo and the Dogs of War by Brian Clevinger & Scott Wegener. I wasn't terribly impressed with the first volume: it just seemed like a Hellboy knock-off. But enough people like this that I gave it another chance, and I am glad I did. This story clicked with me, possibly because it was all one story. I am looking forward to reading further volumes. (Library.)
  8. Arkham Asylum: Madness by Sam Kieth. No superheroes here, just Batman villains in a madhouse. (Library.)
  9. The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher & Ardian Syaf. I bought a copy of this back before I was reading the Dresden Files novels. I thought the story was okay, but I wasn't impressed with the art, and I ended up selling my copy. Now that I am more familiar with the characters and world, I thought I'd give it another try. I'm still not impressed with the art.


Three movies this time around, including 2 in the theater.

No comments: