Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another New Design

Decided I wasn't terribly happy with the note paper design, so I have changed it.

  1. Star Wars Legacy, vol. 7: Storms by John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, & Omar Francia. Better Star Wars stories than Lucas has done in over 20 years.
  2. Marvel 1602: Spider-Man by Jeff Parker & Ramon Rosanas. Nice re-imagining of Spider-Man. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Echo, vol. 5: Black Hole by Terry Moore. Looking forward to reading the whole story at once when it is completed.
  4. Star Wars Legacy, vol. 8: Tatooine by John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, & Kajo Baldisimo. Finally got through the volumes I had read before.
  5. Star Wars Legacy, vol. 9: Monster by John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, & Dave Ross.
  6. Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt by Mark Gruenwald & Kieron Dwyer. Solid super-heroics aimed directly at kids. Not high art by any means, but fun and entertaining. (Library.)
  7. Star Wars Legacy, vol. 10: Extremes by John Ostrander & Jan Duursema. The final volume of the ongoing series. There is at least one mini-series continuing the story of Cade Skywalker. Looking forward to that collection.
  8. Thor the Mighty Avenger, vol. 1 by Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee.

    Great, fun comics. Unfortunately, the series has been canceled. Apparently sales were low because too many fanboys won't buy out-of-continuity comics because they "don't count". Which is a stupid attitude to take. (I have to admit that I didn't buy this series either. In my defense, I decided not to buy it for budgetary reasons. I was waiting for the collection. Not much consolation for the creators, though.)
  9. A Red Mass for Mars by Jonathan Hickman & Ryan Bodenheim. Interesting take on super-hero cross-over events. (Library.)
  10. Peepo Choo, vol. 1 by Felipe Smith. I've read some interesting things about this series online, so I thought I'd give it a try. Not really my thing, but I have to admit that the end of the volume got me curious about the next book.
  11. Seige: Thunderbolts by Jeff Parker & Miguel Sepulveda. Team of super-villains caught up in a Marvel cross-over.

I have tomorrow off, so I will update movies then.

No comments: