Saturday, January 01, 2011

Last Books of 2010
  1. Ex Machina, vol. 8: Dirty Tricks by Brian K. Vaughan, Tony Harris, & John Paul Leon. Glad I decided to re-read this series before reading the final volume. There are lots of details I had forgotten.
  2. Excalibur Classic, vol. 4: Cross-Time Caper Book 2 by Chris Claremont, et al. (Checked out of the library.)
  3. Ex Machina, vol. 9: Ring Out the Old by Brian K. Vaughan, Tony Harris, & John Paul Leon.
  4. Ex Machina, vol. 10: Term Limits by Brian K. Vaughan & Tony Harris.

    I'm not sure how I feel about the end of this series. It fits, but feels unresolved and unsatisfying. I can't wait for Teena to reread the series & get to this volume so I can discuss the conclusion with her.
  5. Star Wars Legacy, vol. 5: The Hidden Temple by John Ostrander & Jan Duursema. Going slower on this re-read since I don't have the final volume yet.
  6. Dark X-Men by Paul Cornell & Leonard Kirk. (Library.)
  7. DC Comics Presents Batman #3 by Ed Brubaker & Scott McDaniel. Not sure why DC chose to reprint these comics in this format (basically a thick issue of a comic, complete with ads) rather than as a book, but it's reasonably priced, and the comics are good, so I'm not complaining.
  8. Untouchable by Mike Carey, Samit Basu, & Ashok Bhadana. Horror story set in 19th century India & England.

And those are all the books I read in 2010.

A couple more movies:
  • Doctor Who: The King's DemonsChristmas present from Teena. Short Fifth Doctor story.
  • True Grit. Blown away by this movie. Glad I watched the original before seeing this. Amazing performances by Jeff Bridges and especially Hailee Steinfeld. I don't love every Coen Brothers movie, but when they are on, they are ON.
  • RiffTrax: ManiacAbsolutely insane 1934 movie nominally about mental illness. Shockingly, this movie contains nudity, not something I expected to see in a movie this old.

No comments: