- Baltimore, vol. 1: The Plague Ships by Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden & Ben Stenbeck.
Comics continuation of the story begun in the novel Baltimore; or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire. A fair amount of this is a recap of the novel, but it has been a couple years since I read it, so the refresher on the character was welcome.
- The Boys, vol. 9: The Big Ride by Garth Ennis, Russ Braun & John McCrea. Building towards the climax of this series. (Checked out of the library.)
- Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 27 by Hiromu Arakawa.
The final volume of this manga series. Arakawa actually managed to bring it to a satisfying conclusion, which is no mean feat. Looking forward to seeing what she does next. (Library.)
- Takio by Brian Michael Bendis & Michael Avon Oeming. A couple of school-age sisters become super-heroes.
- Brody's Ghost, bk. 2 by Mark Crilley. Moving along the story. (Library.)
- The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks by Alan Moore, et al.
Short, humorous stories Moore wrote for 2000 AD early in his career.
- Wolfskin: Hundredth Dream by Warren Ellis, Mike Wolfer & Gianluca Pagliarani. Barbarian comics from Ellis.
- Pogo, vol. 1: Through the Wild Blue Wonder by Walt Kelly.
I have read previous collections of Kelly's comic strip, but it had been years, and I had forgotten how amazing it is. Simply beautiful art and wonderful jokes. This is one of the absolute best comic strips, and I am so glad that it is finally being reprinted from the beginning in a format that does justice to Kelly's art. I want the next volume now.
A couple of DVDs finished since last week: