Here are the movies from the last 3 weeks of December:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: Time of the Apes. This is the first MST3K episode I ever saw. It's a good introduction to the concept with lots of funny jokes about a nearly incomprehensible movie.
- MST3K: Mighty Jack. Yet another awful movie made watchable by the addition of jokes.
- MST3K: Santa Claus Conquers the the Martians. Another of the movies Teena & I watch each December.
- MST3K: The Brute Man. Yes, we've been watching a lot of MST3K in the past month.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I think the creators realized one of the selling points of the first movie was the relationship between Downey's Holmes & Law's Watson, and they really ramped things up for this one. Lots of fun.
- MST3K: The Violent Years.
- It's a Wonderful Life. Still another movie we watch each year for Christmas.
- RiffTrax Live: Christmas Shorts-stravaganza. This isn't something we make a point of watching each year, but we had the time and felt like watching it.
- Love Actually. This is the last of the movies we watch each year. We adore this movie.
- Doctor Who: Inferno. Alternate universe Doctor Who story. As a friend says, "Eye patches are the Doctor Who equivalent of goatees."
- Going Postal. While both Teena and I were greatly impressed by the adaptations of The Colour of Magic and Hogfather, this one didn't do as good of a job. We felt the lead actor didn't really capture the spirit of his character, and the golems were disappointing.
- Cinematic Titanic Live: War of the Insects. I do not know where they find such awful movies to make fun of.
After my post yesterday, I finished a few more books, so here they are:
- DC Comics Presents: Elseworlds by various.
- DC Comics Presents: Batman - The Secret City by various.
- DC Comics Presents: Batman - Urban Legend by various.