- The Drifing Classroom, vol. 2 by Kazuo Umezu. The students of the elementary school that was transported to an alien landscape try to survive in a hostile environment and learn the first hints as to what has happened to them. (Checked out of the library.)
- Emma, vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori. A manga series about a maid in Victorian England.
- Fantastic Four Visionaries: John Byrne, vol. 5. Comics from the days before Byrne's ego grew completely out of control.
- Planet of the Hairless Beach Apes by Jim Toomey. (Borrowed from Teena.)
- Recess Pieces by Bob Fingerman. A zombie story set in a grade school. (Library.)
- Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 11 by Hiromu Arakwa.
- Wonder Woman: Mission's End by Greg Rucka, et al. This is my least favorite book collecting Rucka's run on Wonder Woman. Most of it deals with fallout from DC's cross-over events, and the OMAC invasion of Paradise Island seems an appropriate metaphor for editorially-mandated storylines.
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel. I re-read this for an online book club, and I was struck at how well-written Bechdel's examination of her relationship with her father is. This is an amazing memoir, beautifully crafted.
Saturday, January 20, 2007