Saturday, January 06, 2007

In keeping with my resolution to update the book list at least once a week, here's what I have read since the end of 2006:

  1. The Drifting Classroom, vol. 1 by Kazuo Umezu. I had read several positive reviews of this online, so I picked it up. It is a horror story about a grade school that gets transported to an alien landscape. Things are still being established, but I quite enjoyed this and will be reading further volumes. (Checked out of the library.)
  2. Changing Planes by Ursula K. LeGuin. I love LeGuin's writing, but for some reason I don't often get around to reading her books. The short stories here read almost like anthropological studies of life on different worlds. Excellently crafted, as always. I really do need to read her work more often.
  3. Platinum Grit, Book Two by Trudy Cooper, Danny Murphy, & Doug Bayne. I'm not sure how to describe this book. It's full of gratuitous violence, exploding animals, mad science, and nearly indecipherable Scottish accents. Fun, though.


I need to keep reminding myself how much easier this is if I do it in small doses. Maybe I'll keep caught up this year.

No comments: