Time to start listing movies I saw in 2006.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
- The City of Lost Children. Oh, what a bizarre, wonderful movie. Clones, Siamese twins, a brain in a jar, and stolen dreams. Beautiful, beautiful sets. Highly recommended.
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Witch Hunter Robin, vol. 1: Arrival. I watched this series when it aired on Adult Swim and quite liked it. However, when I tried watching it on DVD (checked out of the library), it didn't hold my interest. It is a good show, though, with an interesting premise of "witches" (people with supernatural or maybe psychic powers) hunting down others of their kind.
- The Commitments. I may not have liked the movie as much as the first time I saw it, years ago, but I still adore the music.
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Teena and I had heard so many great things about this movie, but I'm afraid we were somewhat disappointed. It's a Miyazaki movie, so of course it is absolutely gorgeous, but Nausicaä just seemed too perfect; her every instinct spot on. It was hard to accept her as a real person, since she never did anything wrong. But I suspect if we had seen it before we had seen later Miyazaki movies, we would have been more accepting.
- Back to the Future. Believe it or not, I had never seen this movie before last year. Fun.
- Back to the Future II. (Not much point in linking to Amazon again, since it'll just point to the same 3-movie set.)
- Back to the Future III
- Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
- Mirrormask. I had bought the DVD as a Valentine's Day present for Teena, and of course we had to watch the movie again.
So this takes me through the end of February 2006.