Friday, October 03, 2003

Movie
I watched Novocaine last night, courtesy of Netflix. Quite liked it. But then it's a noirish dark comedy about a dentist, and it stars Steve Martin. What's not to like? I wish he'd make more movies like this & fewer ones like Bringing Down the House. I wonder just how he decides which roles to accept. But much as I enjoyed the movie, it finally killed off my crush on Helena Bonham Carter.

Books
I'm currently reading A Series of Unfortunate Events, vol. 10: The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket. This series continues to get better & better. Very funny stuff, especially the definition of Sunny Baudelaire's word "Busheney." Either read the book (recommended) or email me for that definition.

Recently I read For Better or Curse, a Lum collection by Rumiko Takahashi. Light & fluffy manga.

No comments: