Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Yesterday, influenced by sale prices and triple points for the frequent buyer's club, I purchased
    New DVDs
  • Red Dwarf, series 1
  • Red Dwarf, series 2
  • The Osbournes, season 2


Movies
Went to see Luther last night. Overall I liked it. It seemed (from what I remember from college) fairly historically accurate. Although there were certain scenes & details that were clearly there to make the story more movie-like.
Until I saw his name in the opening credits, I had had no idea Peter Ustinov was still alive.

Books
Yesterday I read Epicurus the Sage by William Messner-Loebs & Sam Keith. Humorous graphic novel about Greek philosophers & gods. Glad to see these stories back in print.
Also read Promethea, bk. 4 by Alan Moore & J.H. Williams III. Who'd have thought that a treatise on magic could be disguised a comic book? Well, if anybody could pull it off, it's Moore; and he has. This collection contains the 2nd half of Promethea's trip up the Sephiroth (the Tree of Life from Kabbala [sp?]). Great stuff.

No comments: