Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Last night Teena & I were heading somewhere, and I was driving. The traffic was stopped dead, and I decided to follow the example of some other drivers & get into the turn lane & find an alternate route. I turned on the blinker & started easing into the left turn lane. I was going very slowly because traffic was stopped & therefore there wasn't much maneuverability. Out of nowhere, a car came up & swiped the left front corner.

Nobody was hurt, but Teena's car was totalled (as far as insurance is concerned). A witness gave us her name & number, telling us the other driver had been going extremely fast (presumably trying to make the light before it changed), but apparently fault will be assigned either to both drivers or to just me.

We'd been having a very pleasant evening, but that all changed in a second. And now Teena doesn't have a car. I want to fix the situation I caused, but I just don't have very much money. It was an accident, and there's nothing I could have done, but I feel like the worst boyfriend ever (even though I know I'm not).

No comments: