- Al Capp's Li'l Abner, The Frazetta Years, vol. 4: 1960-1961. This is the final volume of this series, as Frazetta stopped working for Capp in 1961. Personally, I don't care all that much about whether or not Frazetta was doing the art. I'd just like to see more of this strip reprinted.
- Gilligan's Wake by Tom Carson. A novel that mixes Joyce & television. Very odd, but very good. It's a history of the twentieth century as told by the castaways (except Gilligan, his section is narrated by Maynard G. Krebbs). I really enjoyed this. (Checked out of the library.)
- Phoenix, vol. 3: Yamato/Space by Osamu Tezuka. (Library.)
- Temptation by Glen Dakin.
- Raymond Chandler's Marlowe by various. Adaptations of three of Chandler's short stories. (Library.)
- The Savage Dragon: Worlds at War by Erik Larsen. So-so superheroics. (Library.)
- Uzumaki, vol. 3 by Juniji Ito. The final volume of this horror story about a Japanese town haunted by spirals.
- Barnum!: In Secret Service to the USA by Howard Chaykin, David Tischman, & Niko Henrichon. (Library.)
Friday, March 26, 2004
Some more books