Monday, March 01, 2004

Maybe I should just accept that I'll only get this thing updated once a week.

Books
  • Last of the Independents by Matt Fraction & Kieron Dwyer. There seems to be an upswing in the number of comics telling crime stories. I rather like the trend. (Checked out of the library.)
  • Lucifer, vol. 4: The Divine Comedy by Mike Carey & Peter Gross. I enjoy this enough to keep checking the books out of the library, but not enough to buy them or the individual issues of the comic. (Library.)
  • FLCL, vol. 1 by Gainax & Hajime Ueda. Just as strange & somehow even LESS accessible than the anime series this is based on. I doubt I'll be getting any further volumes.
  • Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence, adapted to comics by Hunt Emerson.
  • Fantastic Four: Imaginauts by Mark Waid, Mike Weiringo, Karl Kesel, Mark Buckingham, & Stuart Immonen. This is the FF as they should be done.
  • Usagi Yojimbo: Grey Shadows by Stan Sakai. Wonderful "funny animal" comics about a rabbit samurai.
  • Daily Delirium by Miguelanxo Prado. (Library)
  • Tales of Ordinary Madness by Malcolm Bourne & Mike Allred. Collection of a 4-issue series that was first published in the early 90's. Comics about a psychiatrist & how he relates to his patients. I liked it better when I first read it 10 years ago.
  • The 3 Geeks: The Geeksville Years by Rich Koslowski.
  • Skull & Bones: Swashbuckling Horror in the Golden Age of Piracy by Ian Sturrock, T.S. Luikcart, Gareth-Michael Skarka. I like this role-playing book quite a bit. The authors have clearly done their research on the late 17th-early 18th century Caribbean.
  • Union Station by Ande Parks & Eduardo Barreto. (Library)
  • Star Wars: The Stark Hyperspace War by John Ostrander & Davide Fabbri.
  • Courtney Crumrin & the Night Things by Ted Naifeh. Spooky kid's stuff. Enjoyable, but I think I'll borrow future volumes from the library rather than buying them.
  • Jack Staff, vol. 1: Everything Used to Be Black & White by Paul Grist. Great superhero stuff, although sometimes there's a little too much going on at once.
  • Maison Ikkoku, vol. 1 by Rumiko Takahashi. I have discovered that this edition contains chapters that were not included in the first edition, so I picked this up. Looks like my copy of the first edition will be sold to Powell's.
  • Rosetta: A Comics Anthology by various. (Library.)


And since last week, I have watched The Ben Stiller Show DVDs. Very funny sketch comedy from Stiller, Janeanne Garofalo, Bob Odenkirk, and Andy Dick.


No comments: